My Photo
Name:
Location: PJ, Selangor, Malaysia

Mom, foodie, mall-rat.

Tuesday 15 February 2011

She will be loved

My beloved grandmother passed away on the 12th of February 2011 in Perth, Australia. She would have turned 84 in May.

I remember her as a very energetic woman, always busy, never sitting still. My earliest memory of her was when I was 5 or 6. At that time we lived in Kuching where my dad was stationed (he was in the army). My grandparents house was on Arang Road and they had a dairy farm then. She would wear her black rubber boots, milk the cows then come to the kitchen and cook a huge meal.

I remember going to her room where she had a huge bolster which I loved playing with. She was always kind and ever the indulgent grandparent. She always made sure I try to speak Hakka with her as much as possible.

I last spoke to her a week before Christmas. She sounded well. We spoke with a mixture of English, Hakka and Malay. At that time my mum had already said that my Popo was sickly but her spirits were still high. Am glad I managed to chat to her.

The photo above was taken in September 2005 when Sarah, my mum and I visited her in Perth. I will always remember her as she was in that photo.

She will be loved. Always.

http://www.heavenaddress.com/FuneralNotices/tabid/99/ctl/SearchFuneralNoticeHP/mid/659/Name/Agatha%20Siew%20Jin%20Shim/CountryCode/ALL/Default.aspx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home