My Photo
Name:
Location: PJ, Selangor, Malaysia

Mom, foodie, mall-rat.

Wednesday 13 May 2009

Changes

It has been a few weeks since I donned the tudung. Many have asked me why and my answer is, "for Allah Ta'ala". I had been toying with the idea of wearing it for a while now. Discussed it with Reza who was surprised but had no objections; dragged him with me to the tudung shop where he was completely lost but paid up for my purchases.

Of course I was apprehensive as to what friends and family would say because those who know me well went, "What??!!...Aida pakai tudung??!!". However, Alhamdullilah...they have been supportive. I always knew I would wear it eventually but I surprised myself this time. Hahaha!!!

Now I scrutinize how other women wear their tudung. Some wear it spun round their heads with loads of pins and brooches; some tuck them in their blouses; some with bling bling (SO not me) and the list goes on. Pening! So far am happy with the all-in-one tudungs from Ariani and Sri Munawwarah with the latter being my favourite but at RM60 a piece, it ain't cheap. Luckily most of my blouses are long-sleeved so I don't have to change my wardrobe that drastically. Went to Kamdar last week and bought some material to be made into long A-line skirts and blouses.

Thus, the transition has been easy and effortless. Once my mind was made up, there was no turning back.
I still feel the same although am hoping to improve myself as a Muslim which is a long, long way to go.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

still feel the same although am hoping to improve myself as a Muslim which is a long, long way to go.


amazing ... I am proud of U

U made it ...

allah bless U ...
I liked ur answears for these wondering questions ...

keep going

haya

Thursday, 14 May, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home